- Two calls were in the newsletter asking for community participation and representatives and three individuals submitted their names: Mary Lynch-Taylor, Nicole Capalbo and Louise Jacobs
- Council selected three reps: Chief Phyllis Williams, Ted Coppaway and Deborah Jacobs
- Staff assigned to the project are: Tammy Banks, Ashleigh Taylor, Dawn-Marie Leblanc, Stephanie Monahan and others as required for specific input
- Ken Jacobs will assist and coordinate the project
Discussion & Decisions:
- Additional community reps will be welcomed to participate; other Council and staff are encouraged to participate and provide inpu
- A budget will be prepared to identify costs for the planning: site selection and design, survey of the community to determine needs, community meetings, consulting with other communities, travel and fees for experts to provide advice and assistance etc.
- Community Infrastructure will be the lead department for this project
- The proposed site is recommended to be near the school and the various reviews for environment, species at risk and so on will be carried out
- A survey is required first to determine what level of care is desired and required for the future
- The next meeting is scheduled for April 1, 2017 at 9 a.m. in the Council Chambers.
Please call or email if you have any questions or comments,
Special Projects Manager
Curve Lake First Nation