Dear Parents and Guardians,

Due to the continued precautions surrounding the Covid-19 Virus, Curve Lake First Nation Chief and Council have approved for the Curve Lake First Nation School to remain closed for the remainder of the school year.  This is in line with the Provincial decision for Public Schools to remain closed.

Staff are diligently providing learning opportunities for your children via the CLFN School website and that will continue for the next several weeks.  Please remember to reach out to the staff if you require any assistance or if you have any questions regarding your children’s progress.

Report cards will be completed by the teachers and will be sent out to families the last week of June.

Unfortunately, we do not know what the situation will be in September 2020 and hope that we are able to return to the classrooms.  We will communicate our plans for September as soon as we are able to, however, it is unlikely we will know until August 2020 what returning to school will look like.

As per the Provincial announcement today, Child Care will be considered during phase two of the Province reopening. We do not have any information at this time regarding the reopening of the Oshkiigmong Early Learning Centre.

I hope that your families are staying safe and healthy.  Please remember to continue to self-isolate, social distance and follow all hygiene requirements.  We will return to the classrooms and playrooms when it is safe for your children.


Louise Musgrave

Education Manager