Dear Parents and Guardians,
On Thursday September 17, 2020 the Education Department Administration met with the Education Committee and members of Council. We discussed the increasing number of cases of the virus in Ontario and the Ontario Early Learning Centres and Schools with cases of Covid-19. The consensus was that we wait to open the buildings for the children.
Today, at Council, it was decided that at the next Education Committee meeting of Tuesday October 13, 2020, further data will be analyzed and a decision to open the buildings to children will be made, with the earliest date being October 28, 2020. We understand the concern that parents have for the safety of their children as well as the need for some families to have the children return to the programs.
We thank you for your patience and understanding as we carefully analyze the data and make decisions in the best interest of Curve Lake First Nation children.
If you have any further questions or concerns please reach out to Louise Musgrave, Education Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.