The Drinking water lawsuit filing deadline is March 7, 2023
The Canadian government is settling a class-action lawsuit for the Curve Lake First Nation Drinking Water Advisory Period from August 14, 2015, to June 06, 2018.
You can file a claim by using online or hard copy forms.
To make a claim, you must:
- Be a member of a First Nation and resided in Curve Lake First Nation from April 16, 2007, to February 20, 2015; and
- Ordinarily resided in Curve Lake First Nation for a minimum period of one year during that time frame;
- If you were born before November 20, 1995, you can claim from November 20, 2013, to February 20, 2015;
- If you were born after November 20, 1995, you can claim from April 16, 2007, to February 20, 2015;
- If you have a loved one who was alive on November 20, 2017, you can claim for their estate using the dates listed above using the Representative Claim Form;
- If you are claiming for a minor child or a person under a disability, you use the Representative Claim Form.
To view and submit a Claims Form, please visit: https://firstnationsdrinkingwater.ca/
For questions about the claims process of the Claim Form, contact the Administrator Help Line toll-free at 1-833-252-4220.
For legal questions or assistance with making a claim, contact Class Counsel at no cost: email@example.com and 1-833-265-7589
Should you need assistance with filing your claim in paper format or using the online form, please contact the Lands & Membership Office at 705-657-8045 or the Administrator directly, and someone will be pleased to help you.
For more info, please visit: https://firstnationsdrinkingwater.ca/