CLFN Infrastructure consists of Housing, Public Works, and Capital.
Public Works is responsible for the maintenance, repair and renewal of community assets such as, roads, Band buildings and grounds, recreational areas and water systems, services such as curbside waste pick-up, and contracts such as the Fire Service Agreement and Recycling Collection Contract.
Presently, CLFN Public Works and Infrastructure manages and maintains approximately $30 million worth of community infrastructure.
- First Nation Roads and Rights-of-way.
- Band Buildings
- Parks and Recreation Facilities, Including Public Beaches
- Pow Wow Grounds
- Waste Transfer Site
- Water, Wastewater and Storm Water Systems
The Curve Lake First Nation Housing department is committed to creating effective housing programs to assist community members with their shelter needs. Curve Lake First Nation has a successful revolving loan fund that holds a portfolio of over 100 mortgages with First Nation Band Members. Housing also administers various CMHC programs and our own renovation and emergency repair programs.
The Housing Department is responsible for:
- Inspections services and environmental assessments relating to housing
- Housing & Renovation loans and all current mortgages
- Residential Rehabilitation Assistance Program (RRAP)
- Section 10 Mortgages
- Section 95 Rental Housing
- Emergency Repair Fund
- New initiatives to support membership in obtaining safe housing, both on and off territory
Capital focuses on the development and financing of new capital projects, which include new assets, repairs and replacement of existing capital assets. A capital project is a long-term, capital-intensive investment project, with the purpose of building a new asset or adding to and improving an existing asset. Capital projects are defined by their large scale and high cost relative to other investments. Currently those types of projects include the Water Treatment Plant and Distribution System project, the Commercial Development, School/Early Learning Centre, new Subdivision project and road improvements.